Thank you for your interest in visiting First UMC Hampton! We would love to welcome you in person and encourage you on your spiritual journey. Please call our office at 757-723-6577 or Contact us if you have any questions, or would like a minister to call you.
Our address is 110 East Queen Street in downtown Hampton, VA (see map at the bottom of this page). Our parking lot entrance is on Eaton Street, just north of Settlers Landing Road. There is also public parking on the street and in nearby city lots.
- For worship on Sundays at 10am, enter the sanctuary through the door with the brick ramp, on Queen Street next to the historic Hampton Post Office.
- For our 8:30 a.m. Conversation & Refreshments time, enter through the door marked Fellowship Hall, from the walkway between the building and our parking lot. There are restrooms on both the first and second floors of our Education building.
- We have six different Sunday School classes at 9:00 a.m. Most meet in the Education building, which can be entered through the Fellowship Hall door or the door closer to Settlers Landing Road. The Crouse adult Sunday school class meets in the Parlor, which is down the hall from the Office entrance.
- Offices and additional restrooms are located in the back of the sanctuary building, up the steps and under the awning on the Post Office/parking lot side.
- Our historic sanctuary is accessible via the brick and concrete ramp on Queen Street next to the historic Hampton Post Office.
- A ramp leading to the office wing (which includes restrooms and the Parlor) can be accessed from Queen Street, between the sanctuary and the Hampton Stationery store.
- The main entrance to the Fellowship Hall, which faces the parking lot, is accessible, but restrooms inside require ascending several steps, or returning outside to enter by a different door.
- An accessible restroom is located just inside the education building entrance facing the parking lot, closer to Settlers Landing Rd.
- Please call 757-723-6577 if you need assistance or have any questions.
8:30 a.m. Conversation & Refreshments (Fellowship Hall) – suspended during COVID-19
9:00 a.m. Sunday School for all ages (Fellowship Hall/Education building, also office wing) – currently suspended due to COVID-19
10:00 a.m. Worship (Sanctuary) – online only due to COVID-19: visit our YouTube channel.
See our Calendar.
Visiting With Children
We love and welcome children of all ages in the life of our congregation, including in worship. We include a special children’s message for our youngest disciples around 15 minutes into the worship service each week. Please note that during the COVID-19 pandemic, everyone attending worship must wear a mask at all times, including children.
Unfortunately, nursery and Sunday school classes are currently suspended during COVID-19. However, we would be glad to provide Sunday school materials to your child(ren) if you would like; sign up here.
Under normal circumstances…
On Sunday mornings at 9:00 a.m., we have a one-room Sunday school for ages 3-12, where older children learn to model for and help with younger children as they explore Bible stories through a range of learning styles. Learn more here.
Nursery care, with trained, caring volunteers, is available for children from infants to age 3, starting at 9:45 a.m. Children are also welcome to remain with their families in worship. We have a children’s message about 15 minutes into the worship service, when young people (and those young at heart!) are invited to the front of the sanctuary for conversation about the day’s Bible reading or theme.
Learn more about our ministries with Youth and Children.