Whether you are a long-time Christian or a seeker who values serving others, First UMC has many ways to reach out and show God’s love to others.
OutreachFirst UMC Hampton is continually looking for new ways to share God’s love with our community and invite new people to believe, love, and serve with us. Some examples from the past few years include:
• Participating in downtown Hampton festivals
• Setting up a cheer station with free bottled water and snacks for the Crawlin’ Crab Half-Marathon
• Hosting events that are open to the public, such as movie nights, Halloween Party, Live Nativity. Learn more about these ministries for All Ages, or check out our Calendar for upcoming events.
• Sending out mailings to let our neighbors know what’s happening at FUMC
• In 2020, we launched Messy Church, a monthly, all-age celebration of God’s love through creativity and hospitality. Learn more about Messy Church here.
Serving within the Church:
Ministry Teams and Committees
Our church relies on the volunteer time and energy of many Ministry Teams and Committees to sustain the work of deepening discipleship and sharing the good news of Jesus Christ with others. If you are interested in getting involved, please let the pastor or a church leader know of your areas of skill, experience, or passion.
• Nursery Volunteers
• Family Ministries & Events
• Congregational Care
• Christian Spiritual Formation
• Technology and Communication
• Records and History
• Staff-Parish Relations
• Lay Leadership Nominating Committee
Our Church Council, consisting of the chairs of each committee, presidents of UMW and UMM, and elected officers, meets every other month, usually on the 3rd Wednesday.
Check out our Connect page for other ways to get involved, meet people, and grow in your faith.