First UMC Hampton and COVID-19
First UMC Hampton cares about our members and our community. To keep everyone as safe and healthy as possible, we are following state guidelines and the procedures required by the Virginia Annual Conference of the United Methodist Church.
Join Us for Worship in Person
First UMC Hampton has resumed in-person worship. Our protocols have been updated as of August 10, 2021, following the latest updates from the CDC and our United Methodist Conference:
- Pre-registration is no longer required, though we are still keeping records of those in attendance in case we might need to follow up later.
- If you are sick with any potentially COVID-related symptoms, or are waiting on test results after a known exposure, please stay home.
- Everyone over the age of 2 must wear a mask while indoors on church property. Worship leaders may temporarily remove their mask to preach or sing, but will replace the mask afterwads.
- Social distancing from non-household members is encouraged while indoors, especially for those who are not fully vaccinated. One side of our sanctuary allows people to be seated more closely, while the other side provides the option of keeping 6′ distance from others for those who prefer it.
- Those who are fully vaccinated may sing during worship. Those who are not fully vaccinated are asked to refrain from singing.
Voluntary Survey About Vaccination
The Healthy Church Team would like to find out how many in our congregation have been vaccinated, so we can better assess the relative level of risk in in-person worship. We invite you to take this voluntary survey to help us in our planning.
Neither taking this survey, nor your vaccination status, has any impact on whether you can attend worship. God loves the vaccinated and unvaccinated alike!
If you would like to update your vaccination status, you are welcome to take the survey again (please give your name in that case).
Small Groups for Study & Prayer
Our small groups are encouraged to meet online or by phone; contact Rev. Kerry for assistance setting up virtual meetings. Groups may meet in person if they abide by the COVID protocols above; please email email@example.com to be added to the church calendar. Visit News & Calendar for upcoming and ongoing opportunities.
We would love to connect with you! Whether you are new, have questions, or want to get involved, please don’t hesitate to drop us a line!