First UMC Hampton and COVID-19
First UMC Hampton cares about our members and our community. To keep everyone as safe and healthy as possible, we are following state guidelines and the procedures required by the Virginia Annual Conference of the United Methodist Church.
Join Us for Worship in Person
First UMC Hampton has resumed in-person worship. Our protocols have been updated as of July 1, 2021, following the latest updates from the CDC and our United Methodist Conference:
- Pre-registration is no longer required, though we are still keeping records of those in attendance in case we might need to follow up later.
- If you are sick with any potentially COVID-related symptoms, or are waiting on test results after a known exposure, please stay home.
- Anyone over the age of 2 who is not fully vaccinated must wear a mask at all times while indoors on church property. If you are fully vaccinated, it is your choice whether to wear a mask or not. We encourage anyone who is willing to continue wearing a mask, for the comfort of others and in solidarity with those who are not able to be vaccinated.
- Social distancing from non-household members is encouraged while indoors, especially for those who are not fully vaccinated. One side of our sanctuary allows people to be seated more closely, while the other side provides the option of keeping 6′ distance from others for those who prefer it.
- Those who are fully vaccinated are allowed to sing during worship, whether masked or not. Those who are not fully vaccinated are asked to refrain from singing.
Voluntary Survey About Vaccination
The Healthy Church Team would like to find out how many in our congregation have been vaccinated, so we can better assess the relative level of risk in in-person worship. We invite you to take this voluntary survey to help us in our planning.
Neither taking this survey, nor your vaccination status, has any impact on whether you can attend worship. God loves the vaccinated and unvaccinated alike!
If you would like to update your vaccination status, you are welcome to take the survey again (please give your name in that case).
Small Groups for Study & Prayer
Our small groups are encouraged to meet online or by phone. Groups may also request to meet in person via this form. Group leaders may contact Rev. Kerry or the church office for assistance setting up virtual meetings. Visit News & Calendar for upcoming and ongoing opportunities.
We would love to connect with you! Whether you are new, have questions, or want to get involved, please don’t hesitate to drop us a line!