First UMC Hampton and COVID-19
First UMC Hampton cares about our members and our community. To keep everyone as safe and healthy as possible, we are following state guidelines and the procedures required by the Virginia Annual Conference of the United Methodist Church.
Prepare for In-Person Worship
- We need everyone to pre-register for worship each week, which will include affirming you have no known exposure to COVID, no potentially COVID-related symptoms, and are not waiting on test results. You will be asked to reaffirm this Health Acknowledgment when you arrive for worship.
- Everyone over the age of 2 must wear a mask at all times while on church property. Please put on your mask before exiting your vehicle, and keep it on until you return there.
- Social distancing of at least six feet from non-household members is required at all times, indoors or outside.
- Once an usher has directed you to your seat, please remain there (seated) until the ushers indicate you can depart by the nearest aisle.
- We will provide paper bulletins in the pews, and the hymnals and Bibles are back as well, but they cannot be shared with non-household members during worship.
- We still cannot sing together.
Voluntary Survey About Vaccination
Register for Worship This Sunday
- If you are registering multiple people from your household, please enter a different person’s name in each “signature block” in the Health Acknowledgment section.
- If you are just registering yourself, you can leave the 2nd through 4th signature blocks blank.
- The whole form only needs to be submitted once for up to 4 people.
- The form must be submitted each week you wish to attend worship.
- If you do not pre-register by Friday morning, you will only be allowed to enter the building for worship if space allows.
Small Groups for Study & Prayer
Our small groups are encouraged to meet online or by phone. Group leaders may contact Rev. Kerry or the church office for assistance setting up virtual meetings. Visit News & Calendar for upcoming and ongoing opportunities.
We would love to connect with you! Whether you are new, have questions, or want to get involved, please don’t hesitate to drop us a line!